[3830] NAQP SSB WL7BDO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WL7BDO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:11:36 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WL7BDO
Operator(s): WL7BDO
Station: WL7BDO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  12      8
   15:   6      5
   10:
-------------------
Total:  18     13  Total Score = 234

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Checklog entry.   After last weekends best score in my limited NA QSO party
history was so looking forward to this contest.   After the monochromatic
dit-dot-dit of last weekend I was excited to the prospects of the crowded
bands, the clueless to what a radio contest is mobile stations, the varied
skill levels, the rainbow of SSB.  The confusion, frustration and .... fun.  In
the days leading up to the contest the SFI dropped like a rock then a CME was on
its way from the Sun to disrupt things.   And minor geomagnetic instability this
far North is major.   10 was weak at best and no Qs, 15 an hour into the contest
I could only copy a single station in Ohio?  A few were able to work me, many
gave up and most never responded to what must have been a weak station in the
noise.   Could have done more but was losing the fun factor fast so just
listened and worked around the shack.   Will be back next time.