[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W9RM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W9RM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:41:33 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  244   120  Total Score = 38,280

Club: Mt Frank Contesters

Comments:

Operated part-time to help the local guys and rovers and will probably submit as
a check log since I spent some time chatting on various forums.  I concentrated
on the higher activity times and was fortunate enough to catch a decent, if too
short, 6M E opening to the Gulf coast.  Not East coast good, but fun for
January, none the less.

Aside from some decent ion-scatter on 6 and a few brief times of VHF/UHF
enhancement, it was a typical low activity January contest.  Some highlights
were sweeping the bottom four bands from all of W9FZ/r stops and working
VA3ELE/r in EN94 on both 432 and 2M for new VUCC counters.  The lowlight was a
nasty cold front passage on Saturday night, bringing plunging temperatures, 70
MPH winds and criminally intense power line noise for the rest of the contest.