[3830] CQ160 CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@ARRL.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 07:46:50 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 622  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 25  Total Score = 129,519

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Woooof!!  In comparison to the fantastic conditions south Texas had 3 years ago,
this was miserable.  No eastern EU however the band was extremely quiet with NO
storm activity around here.  I sure miss at least hearing stations I might not
be able to work but I didn't even hear stations I couldn't work.  It was nice
to have a few G and EI stations call in while I was CQing. Missed RI for WAS.

I ran across K5NA (Mr. 160) early in the contest and told him I wasn't going to
hang in unless EU was loud.  I could hear him ROTFL all the way from Austin.
;-)  He was right, as usual.

I had been on a business trip the week of the contest and was dead tired at the
start so only managed to stay awake until 2 AM the first night.  When I heard so
little activity the second night, I packed it up and went home which made a few
brownie points for me with the XYL.  See you in both CW and SSB (my first) NCJ
Sprint.

73,
Bob K5WA