[3830] CQ160 CW N9AUG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9AUG Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:30:05 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9AUG
Operator(s): N9AUG
Station: N9AUG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 525  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 18  Total Score = 95,265

Club: DELARA Contest Team

Comments:

Mr Murphy decided to take up residence on Murphy Road this weekend.
I went to the shack Thursday to make sure everything was working properly.
Noticed a high SWR on the Inverted L. Too dark to see, so I went out Friday
morning to check it and found it laying on the ground. I still had the 265'
dipole to use,  so was able to operate the contest.
Entered the contest as single op High Power.

Equipment - Yaesu FTdx-5000 to Yaesu VL-1000 to Maxi Tuner to ladder line to
the dipole.  Was cranking along Friday night when N5CW commented that my keying
had problems. Called a friend up the road to listen to my signal.  He said it
sounded like the radio keyed before the amp cut in and sent an extra dot.
Think I had a problem between the amp and the tuner.mPossibly RF.
So that took me down to 200 watts for my HP entry. This cut down on DX hearing
me.

Saturday afternoon, I decided to check out and clean the the tuner.  Since it
was on tol of the shelving, I climbed on the table to access it.  BIG
MISTALKE!!!  The table collapsed in the middle and equipment ended up all over
the basement.  Got the rig, tuner and computer back up and operating Saturday
at 0000z.  Kinda took the fun out of operating so I packed it in at 0400z and
went to bed.  At least, I got a good nights sleep.
Larry N9AUG