[3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:37:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 16:14

Total:  QSOs = 795  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 39  Total Score = 239,606

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Highlight of the contest was being called by 9A2AJ/QRP on Friday night.
Low-light was not being able to connect with 3V8BB.  Pileups were horrendous on
Friday night so I elected to wait until Saturday night.  But the band folded
early and I missed him.  Friday night was the better of the two for Europe but
even then I struggled to make the contacts that I did make.

Propagation to Asia was non-existent here, at least when I was on.  I was up at
sunrise both mornings when conditions are good for JA but this year nothing.
Propagation overall was just average or below average this year.

I live out in the country where it is quiet and with plenty of room for
Beverages so I can hear better than be heard.  That is, if I have the right
Beverage selected.  I have 11 possible selections, and I can combine any two of
them.  I would usually leave one toward Europe and the other either west or
northwest.  However, often I would hear just a whisper and had to send AGN AGN
while I flipped through the other directions.  My apologies to those of you I
did this to as you were quite strong when I finally found the correct
Beverage.

But as always I had fun, didn't lose too much sleep, and thanks again for all
the Q's!

73, Sam w4pk