[3830] CQ160 CW KB9OWD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KB9OWD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:37:56 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 321  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 0  Total Score = 28,476

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Was able to get on Saturday evening for a bit.  It has been a number of years
since I had a 160 antenna up at home.  On Saturday, I bit the bullet and
wandered out in the cold and threw up some wire.  Got in up maybe 25' to let me
get on a bit.  My 100 watts didn't do alot but still nice to get on the top
band!  That little bit of wire ran down 40 states.  Missed DE, ND and all of 7
land with the exception of AZ and WY.  This was a result of not being able to
keep my eyes open.  I had to pull the plug about 1:30 A.M. local time as I was
falling asleep at the rig.  Only mult heard that I could not work was ID
stateside.  Also heard PJ2 and HK1 but my 100 watts and low wire could not make
the trip.

Speaking of the rig, something happened to my FT-1000MP with the new antenna
that the rig did not like.  I got everything up and hooked the antenna up, was
hearing great.  I keyed the rig to tune up and when I went back to receive,
there was nothing there!  Not good!!  Changed out antennas, nothing, on any
band.  Something blew but not alot of time to do an overall look at it yet to
see what happened.  Dug out the OLD 738 from the closest, hooked it up, tuned
up and it worked flawless all evening.

Thanks for the QSO's!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD