[3830] CQ160 CW OH0R(OH2PM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OH0R(OH2PM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:59:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Brando
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1318  State/Prov = 22  Countries = 72  Total Score = 673,416

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Very masochistic trial under strong aurora spiced with unusually many
high clicking signals. I fully agree with Finn, OZ7YY, who listed a number
of heavy clickers from Europe. On Finn's list  I would like to underline one
UU7 and a LY7 call.
I have noticed that in many modern commercial radio(TX) the default rice time
is byfar too short. I use 6 ms rice time in my FT5000, that is the maximum in
that radio, I would prefer 8 ms. The default is 4 ms and that is absolute too
sharp.
I was QRV 14 hours on both days and did take 2 hours nap around 00z on both
nights, there was no DX propagation and Europeans went to bed as well.
The first 3 hours produced almost 450 QSOs and then rates went very low.
In S&P several huge pile-ups were found and as usually in these days it was
very difficullt to hear who the DX is. I got only a handfull of DX calls logged
during the first day but on the second day propagation was somewhat better
however far down from what is was a few day earlier.
Maybe my personality has developed further towards masochism, I namely enjoyed
the contest just as much as ever before.
Many thanks for all who patiently did stay with me for several repeats.

See in future contests again, Pertti, OH2PM