[3830] NA Sprint CW K9YC HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K9YC HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 06:03:05 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   82     1.1
   40:  111     1.4
   20:  106     1.5
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: Northern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

I've been doing a lot of work on my station to support SO2R, as well as working
to build my SO2R skills, and I've been doing a lot of SO2R in recent contests.
So far, I had not made significant use of SO2R in Sprint, and was resolved to
do so. All that was for naught -- every time I tried to work in some second
radio Qs I blew my rhythm on the main radio. Sprint is a tough enough format as
is, and my feeble brain goes into cramp mode when I try to add that second radio
to the demands being placed on it.

That said, all the work on the station helped a lot saving time switching
bands, I was able to do so without missing a beat, and the new TXBPF bandpass
filters I built from 5b4AGN's excellent kits worked really well. That helped
add a few Qs to the score. I thought I had a chance to break 300 Qs, but as
usual, I seemed to run out of stations to work in the last 10 minutes. As a
Cubs fan, I'm used to waiting for next year. Thanks for all the fun!

73, Jim K9YC