[3830] MnQP N0IJ Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N0IJ Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 09:19:36 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      52
   40:     578       6
   20:     568       1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:    1198       7  Mults = 69  Total Score = 166,290

Club:

Comments:

What a blast!  Temp was a chilly minus 20 F at the start and screwdriver really
didn't want to go down to 80, but did, with some smell!  Took one 8 minute
break and made our 526 mile route through much of northern MN and 24 counties.
With to the start and home from finish, day total was 712 miles.  Pretty tough
on this 72 yr old body!  First hour very difficult condx, but last 9 were
terific.  Really appreciate the folks who followed me around led by WB2ABD-26,
N2WN, N2CU, K1ZZI-24 (Julius, at QRP you are amazing), W0BV & W8WVU-21,
W7GKF-20, K7LFY, N8II, NY4N-19, KB9S, N6MU, NT2A, N4CD-18, W2RR & WA2VYA-17. A
host of others at over 10!  Special note to OM2VL, Laci, who made it thru 10
times! including 3 times on 40--amazing. Ran one of my K3's and it was a treat.
The new Subaru Outback has zero ignition noise!  Still log with NA, which seems
to be made for mobile contesting.  Only problem is each county is a new log
file, but with bat files, its a 10 second changeover.  Don't get the auto
populate, however, so if you thought I was nuts not to remember your name,
that's why.

My great driver, Terry, W0TVD, kept us within 2-5 minutes of every county ETA.

Many thanks to all.

73
John, N0IJ