[3830] NA Sprint CW KL7RA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KL7RA HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:43:56 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   21
   40:   84
   20:  112
---------------------

Club:

Team: NCC/MRRC West

Comments:

20 was excellent and everyone I called came back and most doublets were a mini
pile to unwind. Better one at a time of course but I take what I get, too many
or none at all. I worked, eventually, all the mults I heard except the KP4 but
I used too much time looking for them. One KP4 called me but the QRM took the
freq which is why we call this contesting after all. Takes awhile before 40
prop soaks in and then the pack leaves 40 for 80 just when 40 is getting really
loud and easy. Then it's back to no one can hear me on 80 again until the very
end.

Looking at my log I see all these big holes the last hour or so I need to work
harder and keep moving and calling stations as Cqing doesn't work for me on 80.
However when I'm working someone their signal advertises my call and if I'm
lucky someone will be waiting when I inherit the freq. If not I have to force
myself to keep moving looking for the loud guys I haven't worked.

73 Rich KL7RA   Rtty next.