[3830] RTTY WPX KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:31:36 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL - EM57
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   84
   40:  278
   20:  220
   15:  100
   10:    5
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I wish I hadn't taken down my short tower for my second radio last week. I
thought I would have it back in a new location and 30'higher, but it didn't
work out like that. That did give me a reason to work more 40m which wasn't a
bad choice. Most QSO's there and 139 prefixes!

Would have been more enjoyable if I didn't have to work both Friday and
Saturday night, and with home obligations, there just wasn't time to do more. I
didn't even get home til 0600Z to start Friday and 0700 Saturday night so, I
missed a lot!

Bands were in pretty good shape, 40 and 80 were noisy around 1200Z Sunday
morning with the storms rolling in so had to get a few repeats on numbers.
Everyone was very nice about that. WW4LL was very patient with my QRM near rhe
end so thank you! Worked a lot of SMC and thanks K9CT for working me while I
was running, that was a first and usually its the other way around.

I had 12 guud runs for me anyway once averaging 87 per hour, of course that was
only for about 30 minutes, but it was HUGE for me! the second radio FT450 made
163 contacts on 40M, but my 160 inverted U does real well there, even though I
dropped trees on the ground radials on Christmas Eve. I even made 5 contacts
with that antenna on 10m, of course not much local stuff on it, but DX heard
and played well!

I like RTTY and these contests are fun! Plus I still have my voice when its
over!

73, Craig KD9MS

Equipment:
Rigs: FT2000D and FT450 bothe @ 100W
Antennas: 160m inverted U (on 40m 2nd radio, used on 40, 20, 15 and 10) -
FT450
TH7DX @ 56' and Discoverer 7-1 rotatable dipole at 70'FT2000D
Inverted L on 80 FT2000D
Inverted V on 80 FT2000D

5B4AGN Bandpass filters on both radios (just completed before the CQWW RTTY in
September) Thanks Bob for all your help!

N1MM and MMTTY (Thanks Larry for help with EXTFSK) with W3YY interface on
FT2000D and homebrew from AA5AU website on FT450 (Thanks Don for all you do and
have done for RTTY!)