[3830] RTTY WPX VE4EAR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE4EAR SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:51:41 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24:20
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   59
   40:  272
   20:  533
   15:  559
   10:   39
------------
Total: 1461  Prefixes = 579  Total Score = 1,461

Club:

Comments:

Tried a low power effort this year. I was amazed who called me while running 90
watts on a vertical. Took quite a few extra repeats than I usually do with high
power. Didn't break any pileups but worked almost everyone I could hear.  It was
a lot harder to hold a frequency as I lost one multiple times.

You gotta love these guys that just plop down half way through you passband and
start calling CQ.

Other commitments resulted in large gaps of prime time being missed, like early
Friday evening and all Saturday evening.

Stll getting used to SO2R and I made a real rookie mistake several times. While
running on 1 radio and S&P on the second, I realized that I forgot to hit enter
after several S&P QSOs before I QSY'ed. This goof will cost me as I would have
worked several more mults that didn't get logged. My apologies to those that
will be NIL during the log checks.

73  Ed

IC7700
IC746Pro