[3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X M/2 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:00:57 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X, N6GEO
Station: WQ6X

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Brentwood, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
   80:   55
   40:  136
   20:  239
   15:  180
   10:   77
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is another N6GEO + WQ6X Contest Event.  We ran two stations: (1) a Flex
SDR-1000 and (2) an ICOM 7000.  Antennas were a multiplexed TH3-Jr Yagi (8mh)
and a ground-mounted 6BTV vertical. Despite some network glitches in the
beginning, we eventually got things more-or-less in synch.
Considering the Solar Flux was only 104 - 108, band conditions were
amazingly good; altho we milked 10 pretty early on both days, and signals from
Asia & Oceania were noticeably missing.
This was the 1st WQ6X WPX-RTTY event and I absolutely loved it, except the
ringing in my ears after the contest.  WQ6X is planned to operate from the
W6HCD site again this year for the remaining WPX events.
Look for N6GEO & WQ6X in another CQP event for 2013.
WQ6X will again join the W6SW gang for Field Day.