[3830] RTTY WPX WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WE4M(N2QT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:41:14 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  245
   40:  468
   20:  562
   15:  554
   10:   80
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was hoping to make it to 2000 q's and came up short.  However I did go for the
better point value of the low bands and DX contacts so the points/qso made up
for the lower number of contacts and let me beat my best previous score. Hoping
log checking leaves me at over 4M but I'm afraid that will be close.

While I had all three radios going, I made far fewer contacts on the kx3.  I
generally left it on 10M and would check to see if much was happening there (it
wasn't).

The 20M section in the ICE 419 bandpass filter blew on Saturday, and the high
swr dropped the power output until I finally noticed it.  On Sunday I promptly
forgot this had happened and went a couple more hours with it on 20M till I
again noticed the low power output again.  OH Well.

I also seemed more fumble fingered this contest than normal. After each break
it seemed like it took 4 or 5 contacts to get everything going correctly again.
If you were one of those contacts, sorry about that.

I did run the new Elecraft K3 reduced spectrum FSK software, with no seeming
ill effects. Hopefully more stations will work on their occuppied bandwidth.  I
did get chased off 40M with clicks covering anyone I was working.  Never did
find who the offending station was, as he was more than a couple khz away.

Had N1MM Logger politely declare it needed to close, which it did one window at
a time.  I had been editing the Macro Key definitions while still running and
the software found this insulting one of the many times I did it.

Thanks for all the contacts.  Log will be up on LOTW momentarily.

Radios Two Elecraft K3, Elecraft KX3  (external fans)
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at  54 ft
shunt fed tower on  80 M, dipole at 55 ft