[3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:54:54 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

------------
   80:  170
   40:  182
   20:  452
   15:  223
   10:   27
------------

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

Lots of snow! 40 meter dipole buried on roof in the snow! Still no complaints.
After "Sandy" glad to have any antennas operational. Coax from the Tribander
had battered itself against the tower and had to replaced. Temperature was
about 25 degree F. Ended up just patching the feedline. Will wait for warmer wx
fo replace.

Conditions were very good.Wished that that my SO2R setup working. It's very
nice to have at least 2 radios going with multiple bands open at the same time.
Missed that very much and my score reflected the result. Missed the 10 meter
openings. Going to put up a 10 meter dipole and put at least a software defined
receiver on that band. That arrangement will allow me to visably to check the
band for signals.

Talking about SDR radios, I used a Flex-3000. It's performance was terrific. I
could pick up weak signals right next to those 40 over S9. It take some doing,
but have been able to wean myself off of knobs on the radio. The speed,when
just  clicking on a signal and having it tuned to within 20 Hz is the source of
my good score.

Thanks for all the QSO's. It was fun de Jerry NO2T