[3830] RTTY WPX IQ1RY M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iw1ayd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX IQ1RY M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 04:32:01 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): IK1HXN II1BEP IZ1LBG IK1SPR IK1RQT IV3BSY IV3CWB IW1QN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
   80:  348
   40:  797
   20:  786
   15:  727
   10:   29
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Great time as usual. We teamed with several friends to operate IQ1RY M/S. Just
the incoming snow announced for the end of the weekend blurred out the team in
advance. Thanks to God the announced heavy snow hit us one hour after the end
of the contest and wasnâ??t at all heavy as the weather announcers went
spending out words since one week before. Ours aerials are still safe!
IQ1RY have had almost the same setup as usual. The part time manners here where
I1BEP, IK1HXN, IK1SPR, IK1RQT, IZ1LBG, all those due to some incumbent family or
work duties have had only a hours workout at the operating desk. For almost all
the 48 hours manners where IW1QN, IV3CWB, IV3BSY and last but not least (I
hope) myself,  IW1AYD. Really just IW1QN and I went on air since the start.
Federico was forced to leave one hour and half before the end. There was light
snow even at sea level in Genova. That isnâ??t so usual for us!
Prop was strange as it is since now, 10m where opened but not enough to keep
running on it. The 15 was almost quite open since late morning to JAâ??s, great
time with theirs far signals. But 40m and 80m called us upon rules for more
points. 2Tone worked flawlessly giving us much more decoding reliability and
readable data to be compared in between it and the MMTTY main window.
We have had the pleasure to get in check both via http://cqcontest.ru and
http://www.getscores.org to meet great friends and competitors. Just one
station was really working, plenty of computational resources to send data on
the two. All that made the whole thing more interesting if not thrilling time
to time. I am personally pretty sure that even if the results may move any of
us up or down in the ranks we all appreciated the game and enjoyed having it
together.
As usual since my last year attempts in the late 2012 JARTS and WAE a second DI
window with 2Tone decoder was used on any station. Leaving it just nearby the
well know MMTTY. This was and is the most visible new tooling of N1MM and it
proved to be a very good choice as by all the operatorsâ?? view. The undergoing
new calls database for N1MM Logger went unnoticed, but it worked great IMHO, as
unknown calls seems to be only a handful, mostly JAâ??s as usual.
At the very end of the game I was alone operating, when the end time settled I
fired as usual a tail messages with a hello to everyone for next year CQ WPX
RTTY â?¦ some 2 or 3 OM where there and started all together to say 73s.
Thatâ??s one of the best refreshing time. Itâ??s not so usual to see all that
interest for RTTY. Bands were fully used and greatly extend by the amount of
peoples, somewhat crowded but not that badly.
Thanks for all the contacts, CU U all again in the VOLTA RTTY!
   73 de iw1ayd Salvo