[3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:22:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  192    61
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  192    61  Total Score = 34,770

Club: SmithChart Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Rig: K3
Amp: Alpha 91b
Xmit Ant: Shunt fed 105' tower
Rcv Ant: multiple beverages (hope to add an 8 circle soon!)

Entered as single band 160 but played a bit on 80 and a bit more on 10. 10 was
fantastic so lots of fun. I found it fascinating how easy it was to copy many
of the qrp signals on 10. Recall getting power levels of 1 and 2 watts. That's
one of the things that makes this a fun contest: you know how much power the
other station is running. Quite a few 100W stations on 160 too!

160 was pretty good from NC on Friday night/ Saturday morning. Saturday evening
either participation was down or the band was not as good. Hit the sack early on
Saturday night not even waiting for EU sunrise to finish.

Overall a pretty fun contest. Easier on the ears on 160 as not many US stations
calling CQ which made it easy to work the DX and also tune around and hear them.

Thanks all for the Qs on 160 and 80 and 10. I imagine some of the 10 meter
scores are going to be HUGE.

Ron   N4XD