[3830] ARRLDX CW K4XS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4XS SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:06:37 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:   55    52
   80:  279    88
   40:  798   102
   20:  917   101
   15:  528   101
   10:  358    89
-------------------
Total: 2935   533  Total Score = 4,691,446

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

My first all band ARRL DX contest ever..after 50+ years.  I'll be back for
more.
The station, not the op was the reason for the big score.  I went low power
since my CW skills are par with my SSB skills.  I figured less rush and more
S/P.  Amazing what good antennas will do with 100 watts.  Never figured I could
almost do 5 band DXCC with 100 watts in a weekend.

Almost did the iron man thing.  Had a heavy snack around 1800Z and that was it.
 Told the XYL to wake me after 45 minutes.  She got me up and I stumbled into
the shack feeling like the "rainman" looking the logging program on the two
computers and radio equipment.  It took me about 20 minutes to get the fog out
so I could operate.

By the way operating with 100 watts can be a humbling experience in a DX
contest.