[3830] ARRLDX CW W0RX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0rx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W0RX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:31:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0RX
Operator(s): W0RX
Station: W0RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 27:28

  160:   19    17
   80:   75    58
   40:  107    62
   20:  288    89
   15:  238    89
   10:  154    66
-------------------
Total:  881   381  Total Score = 1,006,983

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Conditions here were not very good on the high bands and 80 meters was pretty
fair only on Friday night and Saturday morning.  160 never was any good.  40
meters was par, and would have been the "big band" this time around with
appropriate aluminum.

With my 40 meter dipole I usually can count on about 60 mults over the weekend
and that's what happened.  With the vertical on 80 I ordinarily see about the
same, but it ran a few short because propagation to the west was very poor all
weekend.  Difficult to work VK and ZL.  160 is very seldom much use with my
dipole, although I managed one European contact this year, a rare occurrence at
any time.  But never worked VK, ZL or any other Pacific op.  When 10 meters is
not my best band, my potential score will be severely truncated. And 10 let me
down this time around.  I usually can count on about 110 mults during sunspot
peaks.  15 was also affected, not giving any real openings to central and
eastern Europe, the middle east or Asia.  The only stations who called me (on
15 meters)were very very weak, mostly Russian and Scandanavian, and running a
KW!  Western Europe was quite strong, especially the mid-latitudes. Spain,
Italy and into north Africa.  20 meters was so so also, with best conditions
early in the contest.  HS0ZIA was 20 over Friday night dropped into the noise
by Saturday night. Same for JT1DX.