[3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:57:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 43.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   46    33
   80:  117    62
   40:  532    88
   20:  406    91
   15:  903    94
   10:  325    74
-------------------
Total: 2329   442  Total Score = 3,088,254

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Low band conditions Friday evening were among the best I've ever experienced in
this contest. Down a little the second night but still good. On the other hand
10 was marginal to Europe and JA the first day but better on Sunday. Still
nothing like it was in the last sunspot cycle though.

Put up a new 15 meter yagi on Thursday. Rotor not wired in yet so it was fixed
on Europe. Boy did it start off with a bang. My first CQ on Saturday morning
resulted in an almost instant pile up. Had a 162 QSO hour - best I've ever had
on CW from the USA. Made all the work spent building the antenna and putting up
a new tower worth it.

Probably less than optimal operating strategy  - put in too much time
multiplier hunting on 10 Sunday morning when it began to open to Europe. Then
later had most of those multipliers call me when the band got good enough to
run.  Still ended up with my most ever Q's and multipliers which resulted in my
best ever score. The raw score exceeds the current W5 low power record by over
500,000 points. Still I feel like I should have done better - you don't get too
many chances with conditions this good on all bands (well almost all bands - ten
could have been better). Maybe there will be another chance next year

Marv N5AW

                              2013 ARRL-DX-CW N5AW
                                 Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10   ALL
       NA calls =    16    24    29    27    41    26   163
       SA calls =     6    11    19    33    36    42   147
     Euro calls =    19    63   354   200   616   179  1431
  African calls =     2     4     9    10     9     6    40
    Asian calls =     0     2    13    41    20     3    79
    Japan calls =     1     9    97    79   172    57   415
    Ocean calls =     3     4    15    19    14    12    67

    Total calls =    47   117   536   409   908   325  2342