[3830] ARRLDX CW N6ZFO SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6ZFO SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:50:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: CA (SF)
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  520    94
   10:
-------------------
Total:  520    94  Total Score = 145,080

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  FT-1000MP MkV at 150 w.  3-el home brew Yagi at 25 feet (but on our
mountain top).

Comments: SB 15 was a good choice, even though I just missed 100
countries  worked.   The SB category has no power levels, so LP puts
one at an inherent disadvantage; however I worked all the multipliers
heard, except one station in Ukraine not calling CQ.

Managed to grab FO8, HL and YV in the closing hours, and on Sunday
morning surprised to have a Cyprus stn. call in during a brief European
run. Another good catch on Saturday afternoon was D2QV in Angola,
rolling in at S-6 with no takers.   After working me he gave up, I guess
because no one spotted him.

JA's were 226 of the 520 QSO's, for the most part in very productive
runs, but very occasionally a good multiplier would show up. . . in
particular T88 (Palau) and VR2 on Saturday evening.  But never a
Korean. . . finally worked an HL2 very late on Sunday. . underneath
W3LPL, who very kindly moved off his CQ frequency while I worked
the HL.  So expecting 226 QSL's to arrive shortly.  Lowest power
JA worked was 1 Watt, JA8CXX, fairly easy copy.

73 Bill n6zfo