[3830] ARRLDX CW K4MA(@AA4NC) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K4MA(@AA4NC) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:23:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K4MA
Operator(s): K4MA
Station: AA4NC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Radios: SO2R

  160:   54    45
   80:   74    56
   40:  472    95
   20:  552    97
   15:  564    97
   10:  174    68
-------------------
Total: 1890   458  Total Score = 2,595,486

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to AA4NC for letting me use his stations while he was at VP2ME.  Station
worked great, but was operator limited.  Still a bit rusty after an inactive
period.  Fun to get back in the fray.

Did a semi-serious SO Assisted but took some time both nights to sleep and
knocked off early to spend some time with the family.

Low bands were great Friday night.  I actually thought 160 was better than 80
with lower noise and better signal strenghts from EU.  Probably should have
tried to run for a bit on 160.  Saturday was just the opposite.  Lots of noise
and weaker signals.

Was able to run EU on 10M on Sunday morning for a while.  Still the opening was
short and focused into G, F, and DL mostly.  10M was also strange in that I
thought the SA stations were weaker than normal.  Also missed most of the
closer in stuff in the Caribbean -- just couldn't hear them from NC.

Some stats from the log:

1218 unique calls in the log or about 64% of the calls were unique

The 6 banders were: 9A1A, CR3A, DR4A, HA30S, HK1NA, LZ9W, MD2C, P40L, P40W,
PJ2T, PJ4X, TI5W, TM6M, VP2ME

In addition there were:

18 X 5 Banders
50 X 4 Banders