[3830] ARRLDX CW K7ZS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, klahaie@centricata.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7ZS SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:47:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7ZS
Operator(s): K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  142    45
   20:  414    76
   15:  184    44
   10:   71    29
-------------------
Total:  811   194  Total Score = 472,002

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Mults make the difference in this contest - last weekend's WPX contest with it's
higher point value for longer distance contacts AND for lower frequencies should
be a model for ALL contests IMHO.

I went NON-ASSISTED so no packet spots.  I see many stations with fewer
contacts but much better scores - many more mults and that is the only
incentive in this contest, so lesson learned!

Band conditions OK, not great.  The rise of the K index made EU signals watery,
but the path stayed open.  40 meters was the shining star band this time around!
 Very nice and easy EU from Pac NW.

But, enough of this, I am going to HI for the SSB weekend - and BE DX!

73 Kevin K7ZS