[3830] CQ160 SSB WX3B Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB WX3B Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:27:03 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N8IVN, K3AJ, K3WI
Station: WX3B

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 896  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 33  Total Score = 210,012

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was an idea Dennis N8IVN had - trying a full time 160 SSB effort and Tom
K3AJ also thought it was a great idea, so I figured why not???

Reliable sources have reported that even Steve NR4M made over 100 QSOs in this
SSB contest - and I about fell out of my chair when I got a call from him
myself.

I want to thank W3TS for being a great sport and permitting me to poach his QSO
with Dave OZ/K3ZJ.  I happened to tune across W3TS struggling to put Dave in the
log, so I did what any self respecting 160 operator would do, I told him Dave
was a friend, asked if I could work him, then immediately assisted with
confirming the call sign.  OZ/K3ZJ in the log, and Dave, you were LOUD!!!

My hat is off to N3RR, W3LL and others who stayed in the chair and managed to
effectively work Europe Friday night.  We could not do it - and in fact found
Saturday to be quieter, much louder signals from EU and the bulk of our
Europeans were ran on Saturday.

Tom K3AJ got the iron man award on this one, he operated Friday night and
stayed IN THE CHAIR until about 7:45am.  Dennis N8IVN likely had the most
operating time over the weekend as he was here for the duration.  Bill K3WI
took the Sunday AM graveyard shift, and it was not a pretty site, from 2:30am
until ??? in the morning Sunday.

Excellent work done by first time 160 SSB operators K3AJ and N8IVN!  Old man
K3WI and WX3B had fun for about an hour Saturday night horsing around and
pulling through a few EUs prior to EU sunrise.

Now I am looking forward to a contest with more activity, and that would be
ARRL DX SSB next weekend!

73,

Jim   WX3B