[3830] CQ160 SSB K1HTV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1htv@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K1HTV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:59:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:40

Total:  QSOs = 551  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 16  Total Score = 85,670

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Radio: Elecraft K3
Antennas:
Shunt fed, guyed house-bracketed 77 ft. Rohn #25 tower
with triband yagi as capacitive top hat and 8 quarter wave radials
35 ft high, Inverted-L (works FB on high angle QSOs)
Bi-directional 500+ ft Beverages (NE-SW, E-W & N-S)

Got a 5-1/2 hours late start and hadn't planned putting in as much time as I
finally did. Running low power in a 160M SSB DX contest can be rough at times.
I found DX conditions the first night, although noisier, to be better than the
2nd night. Managed to work CT3, CU, OK, S5, HA, HK, EI, DL, YT, SP, ZF, C6,
KP2, KP4, FG & XE.

The conditions to the west coast seemed poorer than normal. Can't believe that
I couldn't work even one CA or WA station. A storm the first night really must
have made it rough for some stations down south. I heard a number of S9+
stations CQing in the face of their many callers the first night. But that's
how it is at times on the Topband. Fortunately that was not the case towards
the east.

Now that the CQ 160M SSB test is over we can now focus on the next target, the
upcoming ARRL Phone DX Contest. Will again be at W3LPL on 160M. Sure is nice
having a 4-Square, 8 Beverages and the new NE BSEF receive antenna that Frank
has installed.

73,
Rich - K1HTV