[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5WA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@ARRL.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5WA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:50:33 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   18    17
   80:   62    43
   40:  114    52
   20:   79    46
   15:   78    35
   10:   55    26
-------------------
Total:  406   219  Total Score = 266,742

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

After such fantastic conditions for CW weekend, this weekend was a huge let
down.  Conditions were stinky to start, I had not prepared the station for SSB,
business travel was bad this week and I had to run up the tower just prior to
the contest to change the 40M quad to SSB so the the beginning of the contest
was crummy.  I feel like the station is just about as good as possible on CW
but SSB is a different story.  I never got enough running going to crank up the
SO2R  pattern so it was all S&P.  I was still altering recordings on the fly
during the contest and the high end of 20 and 15 has bad SWR.  It seemed like
things were picking up Saturday morning but I had just lost interest enough to
put up with all the racket in the headphones so decided to win a BUNCH of
brownie points on the home front and went home to the XYL for a relaxing
Saturday.  Good decision.  ;-)
73,
Bob K5WA