[3830] ARRLDX SSB KO7AA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KO7AA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 13:51:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  382    72
   20:  203    83
   15:  556    96
   10:   90    47
-------------------
Total: 1231   298  Total Score = 1,100,514

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I usually make just a few contacts in the phone contests, but my wife had to
be out of town for the weekend, so I thought I would try for a 1M point
effort.

The bad: NO JA on 10M at all! At the "peak" of the cycle, this is a disaster
for us on the west coast...only 4 EU on 10M on Sunday AM. Maybe the mountains
to my north were blocking them. No 75/160, I went to bed at 9 PM each night :)

The really good: Asia can go up to 7.200, and the 40M BC stations are gone! I
only realized this a week before the contest when reviewing bandplans. It is
absolutely a dream on 40M for the 2 hours before my sunrise. The east coast
stations are in daylight and have gone to 15/20. There is no noise. I sat on
7.130 and every country between VK6 and UA0 called in. 1 watt JA's. It was
like 15M...

I hit the 1M mark at 1100 Sunday and the radio went off. I apologize for my
bad audio, I should have put in more effort on the N1MM WAV files.

As always, THANKS to the Asian stations that get on. The stats say I had the
same number of DU and DL Q's (16 each). That sums it up!

73 until the fall, Bill KO7AA in Tucson, AZ