[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1EN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mda@n1en.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1EN SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 14:58:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   80:   33    24
   40:   33    19
   20:   90    47
   15:   90    40
   10:   90    40
-------------------
Total:  337   171  Total Score = 172,881

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operating time was constrained due to wife feeling ill and wanting some quiet
and the need to catch up on work that accumulated while I was out helping with
an ARISS contact / ahead of a business trip this week.

Conditions seemed better than the A-index would have implied.  I'm glad that my
wife felt decent enough Sunday morning to take advantage of the nice 10m
opening.

Thanks to HK1NA for suffering through my calls on all 6 bands.

Thanks to my XYL for suffering through my racket in the shack for as long as
she did.  At least I was able to accumulate a few points towards the club
total.

I think this is the first time I've used the N1EN call in a big phone contest
since I changed calls last summer.  While I love the new call for CW, it leaves
a little something to be desired for phone, given that I'm a low-power, wire
antenna kind of guy.   I need to find a better way to enunciate the
phonetics...or just use a club call in the future.

Station: K3, no amp, 80m & 160m Carolina Windoms @ 20 & 12 meters respectively
+ random-length inverted L @ 15meters, N1MM logger.