[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2CYE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mmoran1027@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2CYE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:22:29 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2CYE
Operator(s): K2CYE
Station: K2CYE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 12:52

  160:   14    13
   80:   82    45
   40:  160    57
   20:  210    69
   15:  495    73
   10:   40    30
-------------------
Total: 1001   287  Total Score = 861,861

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

This was quite an enjoyable contest for me. Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of
operating at W2RE for the ARRL DX CW as a M/S. For this contest, I was planning
on making 500 Q's with the limited time I had. I was able to find about 12 hours
to play radio and with the runs I had on 15M/20M on both Saturday and Sunday
morning, I was able to make over 1000 Q's!
40M is a tough band to start out on early in the contest Friday night due to
the extreme amount of splatter! Thanks to all of those stations who worked me
on split. Apparently my signal is strong in Europe, it is just quite a
challenge to hear everyone trying to call me!
A big thanks to Tony, N2KI for helping me build a new 80M Inverted "V" which
played tremendously well throughout the contest. I actually beat K3LR and W3LPL
in one or two pileups! Working stations in Europe on 160 was not as difficult as
I thought either. The Inverted "L" is doing way better than I was told it would.

I'm glad to hear all the activity and a big thanks to all those who travel
around the world to put new multipliers on the air and to make this contest
more interesting. I'm looking forward to the upcoming contests. CW is
definitely more pleasant for the ears without a doubt!

73,
Mike K2CYE