[3830] ARRLDX SSB K8BL SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@AMERITECH.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K8BL SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 19:07:41 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    5     5
   80:   20    20
   40:   14    13
   20:   88    61
   15:   68    53
   10:   45    21
-------------------
Total:  240   173  Total Score = 124,560

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Just playing and making points for the Club Score while not at the K8AZ M/2
operation. Had a great time at Tom's as usual. It's amazing how you can
switch between Yagis on a stack and find quite different results. On Sunday
about 1600Z I was trying to work a DU on 20M, but there was an EA8 also on the
frequency. I could hear the DU well, but the EA8 was on so often that I didn't
think I could Q the DU through them. So, I thought I'd try switching between
HI & LO & BOTH and see if there was any difference with EA8 off the side. Sure
enough, when on LO ONLY, the EA8 was down in the mud and the DU was Q5!!! Two
tries and the DU was in the Log!!!! Switchable stacks RULE!!!