[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4TX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4TX M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 11:51:09 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4TX
Operator(s): KT4TX,KC4HW,N4NM,N4KH
Station: KT4TX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 36.0

  160:   21    19
   80:  128    65
   40:  228    74
   20:  537    99
   15:  834    97
   10:  354    79
-------------------
Total: 2102   433  Total Score = 2,729,199

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

After 2yrs layoff in Multi-Op effort from Multi-Op I have rebooted the effort
and satarted anew this weekend. Two out of three Xcvrs where out for repair and
the 40mtr yagi was on the fritz. So I had to find another Orion in the local
area which I did, TNX  Bob, K8KI and installed a 2el  vertical 40mtr phased
array between rain and winds this last month (TNX WX0B and crew for the
hardware). Also found some new op's to give the station a " shake down cruise"
so to speak. We all had lots of seat time in the Multi-2 class which we used
more as a CQ WW Multi-single effort. However with only four op's and some who
had to retire on Sunday mid day it wasn't a competitve effort. We had no
equipement failures just a few "cockpit  errors" which were to be expected with
new op's. Now comes the next effort in the station which will be to automate
antenna switching (2x8 SW) and rotor control (six each) with Hamation hardware
in hopes of reducing/eliminating those cockpit errors. So barring any unseen
situations in the near future the KT4TX station in the small community of
Toonersville, AL will be in the Multi-op category with hopes of building the
op's rank to establish a more competitve effort for Team Toonersvilles. TNX fer
all the Q's and pulling out our weak signal during the weekend. Tim, KT4TX