[3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2013ti8m@w4bw.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB TI8M M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:10:37 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI8M
Operator(s): TI2JCY TI2KAC TI4ZM K4UN W4BW W4KTR W4XO
Station: TI8M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  150    37
   80:  664    57
   40: 1103    58
   20: 2111    59
   15: 2211    58
   10:  765    51
-------------------
Total: 7004   320  Total Score = 6,723,840

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

We always enjoy convening our group of Costa Rican and US friends to operate and
this was no exception.  We always have a good time visiting and catching up over
good Costa Rican food and a few Imperial cervezas.

We experienced high winds that damaged our 80m antenna at 11pm Sat night, so 3
hours of repairing and re-installing as best could be done in 30-50 mph winds
resulted in 3 hours lost on 80m at a key time, plus the result was somewhat
less than optimal.

Then a 5 minute power outage about an hour and half before the end caused us to
loose both run frequencies and have to search for holes when they were few and
far between.

Thanks to all who worked us for the Q's.

Bob Wilson - W4BW