[3830] ARRLDX SSB CR1Z(OH2BH) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB CR1Z(OH2BH) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:34:31 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: CR1Z
Operator(s): OH2BH
Station: CU2KG

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Azores, EU
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2014    60
-------------------
Total: 2014    60  Total Score = 361,080

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

As it was considered last year to break the 10M EU record we went with
full force on it after great success on cw part. But it was not to be as
A-index was sky high even with better Flux than on cw part.

We even tried a different cusine of popular â??Sopas do Espírito Santoâ??
(Holy Spirit Soups), but it did not help. As stations behind the Rockies
reported
skew path to us we knew that the volume would not be there. Our fixed 10M beam
was to fail with F1 just about wearing out.

But with a true team spirit we were able to help Tovo, ES2RR at CR2X to do
what we had targeted as a team plus having our annual fun in Azores made it
worth the trip. For me personally it was three weeks of island life, rain and
storms yet away from removing snow in Finland.

Thanks to Sergio, CU1AAD, Francisco, CU2DX and Jose, CU2CE for supporting our
adventures once again, to Juha, OH8NC, my team mate on 40M plus all those at
the other end of the radio circuit that made our annual outing lots of fun. See
you on the next one.

Martti, OH2BH/CU2KG @ CR1Z