[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K5NZ HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5nz@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY K5NZ HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 06:37:25 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: K5NZ
Operator(s): K5NZ
Station: K5NZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:    2
   40:   77
   20:   67       3
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: SWACC

Comments:

Thanks K6LL for throwing me on a team, made me last more than 30 mins!  :)

Stayed long on 20/40 to make sure I really worked on mults since no SO2R, when
I finally couldn't find another Q, went to 80 and couldn't hear anything, storm
and terrible antenna 80.. worked 2 and saw it was 0300 and Daytona SX was
starting live on Speed so figured that was a good time to stop!

Haven't done one of these in a long time, mostly due to lack of antennas and
equipment..

Observations:

Much more activity than a few years ago, skills are up, snappy ops and
exchanges. I bet in part for NCCC practice nights!  But as K5ZD told me until
you can do SO2R and the guy on the other end can't tell it, you need work.  I
know practice makes perfect, but very frustrating to answer someone and
nothing...wait for them to finish their SO2R Q and figure they will come
back... nothing..  They call you...you send exchange.. nothing...then they send
call again.. you exchange.. nothing...  nothing...  then you get 1/2 of your
exchange and they stop sending... nothing...  I suggest more practice sessions
and stick to one radio in the real thing till you have it down.

Enjoyed it..

TS-590, 400w, wires, WL   Kick'in it Oldschool!