[3830] IdQP WW7D Mobile/RoverMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, djholman@u.washington.edu
Subject: [3830] IdQP WW7D Mobile/RoverMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:39:13 -0700
                    Idaho QSO Party

Call: WW7D
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Mobile/RoverMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    4      0      0
   40:    3     21      0
   20:  243    137      0
   15:   77     12      0
   10:    1      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  432:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  328    170      0  CW Mults = 190  Ph Mults = 121  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 256,886

Club:

Comments:

This was my first IDQP, and I had a blast activating ADA, ADM, BEN, BNR, CAN,
ELM, GEM, IDA, KOO, LAT, NEZ, PAY, WAS.

I did the contest in a new (to me) vehicle--a 1988 Toyota pick-up truck,
purchased just weeks before.  I barely managed to get power and antennas
installed, and ran out of time to improve body bonding or minimize electrical
noise (and some wind noise).

Rigs were a Kenwood TS-480 and a Yaesu FT-857.  Antennas were two homebuilt
screwdrivers mounted on the bed near the rear of the bed, and two stalks
carrying 2 or 3 Hustler resonators on the rails near the front of the bed.
Gusty winds did a number of the finger stock on the screwdriver antennas.  A
couple of times I had to bend things back into shape.

 I enjoyed coming across, and briefly chatting with, NF7T on the PAY/GEM/CAN
county line.

 One little operating snag was that I did a LONG CW run from the PAY/GEM county
line sending out PAE instead of PAY.  Oops!

  Thanks to all the folks that tracked me from county to county, like N6MU (24
QSOs), NT28 (18), WA2YVA (16), K5WAF (11) and lots of others.  I enjoyed the
company.  And thanks to everyone who spotted me...those really made a
difference!   Finally, thanks to everyone for their patience and perseverance
as I strained to copy calls and exchanges over road noise, electrical noise,
and with my attention primarily given to driving.