[3830] Rus DX K8MR SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX K8MR SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 10:14:58 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    5      0        2         0
   80:   21     15       14         1
   40:  142     41       35        15
   20:  288     44       49        27
   15:   74      7       26        13
   10:   39      0       12         1
Total:  569    107       93        42  Total Score = 677,572

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Last year I seriously operated the RDXC (from K8AZ) as a WRTC qualifying event,
and had a good time. So I came back this year from my more modest home QTH for
a significant though not serious effort. I took advantage of the common serial
number in the RDXC and NCJ SSB Sprint contests to count QSOs for both contests
(60 SSB QSOs).

Fortunately the promised geomagnetic storms held off until the last few hours,
after I went QRT for the night. I woke up at 1115Z, worked three guys, and went
back to bed.

As always, I like passing out QSOs to people who are serious in other contests
as a way of thanking them for our QSOs in contests in which I am serious. Next
serious contest for me is the Michigan QSO Party (I'll be mobile) on April 20.
Full scoop on that one is at www.miqp.org. Hope to work lots of you then.

73  -  Jim   K8MR