[3830] BARTG W4GV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4GV@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] BARTG W4GV SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:25:02 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: W4GV
Operator(s): W4GV
Station: W4GV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:   37       9         10
   40:  150      22         17
   20:  206      18         18
   15:   89      31         15
   10:   18       6          5
-----------------------------------
Total:  500      80         65  Continents = 6  Total Score = 432,390

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, even though I've been a ham for 51 years, this was by far one of the most
enjoyable contests ever.  Not because of my score but because of the things I
put into practice and the things I learned during the contest.  Was hoping to
get 500 Q"s and I did, just barely.  There was less than a minute left after my
last Q.  Called one more CQ with no answer and that was it.
Not a lot of exotic DX but I'm sure I added to my band/mode/country/state
totals for DXCC and Triple Play.  Heard very little Asia or South America.  Saw
one guy talking to BV! but I couldn/t hear him at dusk today.
Guess my next station automation project is to get my computer hooked up to the
Green Heron Rotor Controller - there's always something!  Actually had a little
time to relax when I let the program call CQ and I could sit back.
Station - FTDX-9000D, Alpha 9500, microHam Digikeyer II, Green Heron
Engineering RT-21D, MNosley Pro-57B, 2 80 Meter dipole at about 75 degrees to
each other, WriteLog ver 11.09B w/ MMTTY plug-in.
Bootom line is that the things I learned are applicable to Phone and CW
contests and every outing expands my knowledge.
Thanks for the Q's guys and 73
Walt W4GV