[3830] Rus DX T6MO(K9GY) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX T6MO(K9GY) SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:45:19 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: T6MO
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: T6MO

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: MM21cu
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:   236             35        39
   40:   163             30        31
   20:   151             31        32
   15:   163             34        24
   10:   294             32        54
Total:  1007    0       162       180  Total Score = 2,425,806

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Now that was awesome! A work crisis started about an hour before the contest so
missed about the first seven or so hours of the contest due to that (during my
only sunset for a 24 hour contest)...so had to pick myself up and get on with
it....and wow did I ever! Lots of great participation! Best part was the two
and a half hour run on 10m of endless QSOs....loved it! "No meters like ten
meters"

Conditions were so good I used some "Vivarin" caffeine pills to hang in there
(although not my preferred approach). The contest starts at 4:30pm here and I
had been up for 12 hours already by the time the contest started. Took one 20
minute power nap. The energy bars from the "First Strike" rations are good
boosters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Strike_Ration

Very happy to smash my own T6 SOAB-CW-LP record from RDXC '12.

Some nuggets of info:
* 626 unique calls worked
* best sixty min rate 108
* 85% EU, 13% AS (34% EU Rus, 12% Ukraine, 9% AS Rus, 6% Germany)
* DXCC worked 54
* Best distance NP2X, N9CK, FK8CP
* disappointment: 160m - total dud
* K index variations: 3-2-6...yikes!

FT-857D, Palstar AT2K tuner, 80m dipole @ 34 feet, 40-10m OCF Dipole @ 30 feet.
Pretty cool for wire antennas!

Now over 35k QSOs... only six weeks left...and WPX SSB and Yuri Gagarin. Every
party comes to an end....Party on Garth!

DAYTON '13 ! CQ CONTEST !

Best of health to all,
Eric T6MO / K9GY