[3830] OkQP VE3KZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rtsnash@bell.net
Subject: [3830] OkQP VE3KZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:53:06 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:     68        8
   20:     97       33
   15:      5        7
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    170       48  Mults = 72  Total Score = 57,632

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Congratulations to John, N6MU!
This was my first venture into the OK QSO Party. I had originally planned on
the RDX contest but a note from Bob W0BH decided me to give this one a try. I
convinced my TR4W software to work with this contest, pointed my venerable
204BA to the SW, and made sure the base of the 40m vertical was clear of snow!
On Saturday 15 and 20 were wall to wall Europeans all day, even though my 204BA
and 155CA were pointed directly away. In the afternoon and evening the same was
true of 40 and 80. It was truly like looking for needles in a hay-stack
searching out the Oklahoma stations. Those very strong VA stations were less of
a factor on CW but covered most of the 40m SSB band. It was great that the
exchange format was different for each of the three contests, making IDing the
proper quarry a little quicker. 15 was barely open for a couple of fixed
stations earlier but sprung open for a short time on Saturday afternoon with
big signals. The disturbance on Sunday left the bands with large empty holes,
punctuated by a few Russians fluttery through on aurora. Conditions to OK were
sporadic. 15 was stone dead.
The mobiles came through with the goods as they always do in these QSO
Parties:
W0BH/m  - 49
K5CM/m  - 35
W5LE/m  - 27
K5YAA/m - 23
AD0DX/m - 22
K0WHY/m - 17
AF5Q/m  - 16
W3DYA/m - 8
The score was made up of 37,632 raw score plus 12,000 mobile bonus plus 2,000
3-band bonus. 72 multipliers was as many as I could manage. Maybe 77 another
time! [72 would be more than enough for the FQP ;-) ]
See you in one month in the Ontario QSO Party!
73 Bob VE3KZ