[3830] BARTG NO2T SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] BARTG NO2T SO Expert HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:37:55 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:   22       4          9
   40:  171      22         15
   20:  359      41         14
   15:   42      20          4
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  594      87         42  Continents = 6  Total Score = 459,756

Club: Bergen Amateur Radio Association

Comments:

Who threw the switch??? Never have I worked so hard for fewer contacts! Still
trying to get my antennas in order after "SANDY". That storm took out my beams.

Put up wire dipoles tied to trees until it's warmer. These 84 year old bones do
not like the cold weather when climbing and working on a tower.
Had a 2 element 20 meter "HEX" beam at 10 feet as a gain antenna.

Conditions on Saturday were fair and the Q's came slow and steady, but not on
Sunday! My rate which was low, took a nose dive to a very painful low. The CME
came and their seemed to be a bowl over my QTH.

Radio used was a HPSDR "Hermes" using a ANAN-10 amp feeding a buffer amp
feeding an ACOM-1000 to produce and output of about 700 watts. The radio is
wonderful. Without it, my score would have been much lower.

Thanks for all the contacts despite my weak signals. See you all next year,
with better antennas, I hope.