[3830] WPX SSB KB0EO SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KB0EO@YAHOO.COM
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KB0EO SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:35:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: MINNESOTA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:23

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  560
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Planning this contest for Easter weekend was a major malfunction.

I had a limited amount of time to spend on this contest - my family
participates in all the Holy Week activities and Masses at church. I figured I
would be able to get on late at night only, so decided to go for single band 40
meters. Friday night I got home from church and fired up the contest starting
around 9:30 pm - difficult to make QSOs in EU due to all the QRM, but managed a
few. I had a very good run of USA and Canada stations Friday. I got on for a
little on Saturday morning and worked some JAs and VKs - not too strong.
Saturday night after the Easter vigil Mass, I got on for about 1.5 hours
starting at 11:00 pm - once again, a pretty good run of USA and Canada with a
few non-NA stations mixed in.

Sunday morning there was S9+10 QRN, so only made a couple of QSOs before
heading up to church. I finished off the contest Sunday evening after all the
company had left. There was some clown who kept deliberately QRMing me with
some kind of a video signal that was S9+40 - I would get a clear frequency,
then he would find me and start hammering away. Every time I moved, he found
me. I listened around and heard him doing it to other stations. Happy Easter -
I hope he got great enjoyment out of making other people miserable.

I decided not to activate any other bands so that I would not be distracted
from taking care of all of the Holy Week duties - seemed to work out OK.

This is still one of my favorite contest formats - everyone works everyone. I
hope next year it doesn't fall on Easter weekend.

May the Lord bless all during this holy time of year.

73,

Dan - KB0EO