[3830] WPX SSB VK8AA(VK2CZ) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VK8AA(VK2CZ) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 17:49:38 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VK8AA
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: VK2
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  537
   15:    8
   10:    8
------------

Club:

Comments:

My first half serious attempt at using the 20m band in an event, and found the
band never actually closed. Weirdest moment was an opening directly over the
North pole with signals from nowhere else. Lots of interesting and quite long
special callsigns, and am sure they each have a graet story behind them.

Was plagued by an earth loop that was generating hum in my audio, but got it
down about 30dB.. still annoying however, especially with strong signals.

Worst part of the event was many stations thinking I was VK9AA... no thanks to
their indiscrete partial check database lookup methods... ugh..;-{

Regards, David VK2CZ