[3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 03:12:39 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F KA1NCN K5ZO KL2HD KL7RA KL7SB WL7BDO
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:  101
   40:  717
   20: 1567
   15: 1791
   10:   64
------------

Club:

Comments:

Reviewing the 48 hour activity chart post contest looks like our day-night cycle
was flipped. Big rates on the high bands at local midnight and slow rate at high
noon. Obviously we were not going to get the big 1000 Q's first hour we have
seen here from Kenai when there are no signals on any band before contest start
but I also didn't expect it would take ten hours to hit 1000 Q's. Now this would
have run off your average multi-multi crew but not us here in alaska. We look at
it as the boy's night, (and day and night and day) out with the magic of radio.
We don't have to work anyone because we have snacks, lots and lots of snacks.
Even a second town run for even more snacks. Then the bands exploded open to
Europe, at local midnight no less, and all was well again for awhile. Now the
rates were too big and the problem of slow rate was too many calling, good
grief, no mercy.

North Pole Contest Group welcomes new member Steve, KL7SB who did a FB job for
us catching all the &quot;new guy&quot; assignments. He is signed up for the
WPX CW. Lloyd, K5ZO, (AL7CQ) came up from Texas to see if everything was as
good from the Kenai as I claimed and was not impressed until Saturday night
when the Europe piles blasted open at full Kenai 20 over S-9 strength. Lloyd
and I did our first WPX multi-multi in 1978 from Fairbanks where we often
suffered the aurora. We look different in the 35 year old picture on the wall
for some odd reason. Want to goggle some interesting villages in Alaska check
out Carl, WL7BDO in Nenana. Dave, KA1NCN in Bethel. Kris, AL2F in Anchor Point
and Jeff, KL2HD in famous Homer. The station is in North Kenai past Nikiski.
All often featured in Alaska state troopers. Not us, the villages...

Next up Dayton   73 Rich KL7RA