[3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, contesting@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 07:01:53 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  415
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Just wasn't feelin' it for WPX this year. It had been a long week, then Saturday
had turned out to be the nicest day of 2013 to date. Our yard needed a lot of
work to prep for the growing season, so that's where my energies were
channeled, in helping the XYL do the big spring cleanup. I had nothing left
afterward for contesting, although I did manage a few hours here and there. All
running this time, almost exclusively stateside as well.

WPX sounds more and more like field day every year with all the &quot;please
copy&quot; and assorted CB/emcomm nonsense from the statesiders. So much so it
turned one of my favourite contests into one I can essentially forget about.

Equipment behaved itself nicely and for once no computer glitches either. It
appears as if I've found a sound card configuration that is functional. I do
think it's time to re-record a few .wav files, however. WPX lends itself to a
different style and some of my old ones could use some updating.

I intend to do a half-decent effort in IARU, but other than that one, CQWW in
October will be my next big forray into the world of contesting.