[3830] WPX SSB NA8V SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NA8V SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 07:05:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Mi
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:    8
   80:  122
   40:   98
   20:  392
   15:  499
   10:   78
------------

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

First day was very slow, only operated 12+ hrs - dozed off during the MSU/Duke
game and called it a night.  Was interesting to see some of the longer paths
open on 15/20 Saturday at the same time western EU was virtually non-existent.
Propagation seemed to &quot;spotlight&quot; and move around until it collapsed
at 1730z.

Second day was much, much better with a few not so fast runs later on 15 and
20.  Have had some intermittent line noise the past couple months, and it was
off and on for the weekend primarily in the afternoon.  This was the first
contest it really had an impact.  Noise limiter in the rig helped, but it was
still s-3 or so.  Resorted to my beverage for a while, was fine for the louder
stations but didn't hear the weaker ones so well.  Don't think the noise had a
major impact on my score.  Worked my only JAs in the last hour on 15, not much
from that area.

Lots of big numbers out there, especially considering the conditions!

greg/na8v

 BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points  Prefixes
 160SSB         8            8       17         1
  80SSB       122          122      311        47
  40SSB        98           98      350        35
  20SSB       398          392      956       243
  15SSB       501          499     1117       278
  10SSB        78           78      214        34