[3830] WPX SSB N4RV SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N4RV SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 07:31:39 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): N4RV
Station: N4RV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:   44
   80:  146
   40:  402
   20:  257
   15:  199
   10:   74
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Could only op the first day, so did a hit &amp; miss operation. Spent some time
working some of the M/M stations in EU., on 10 and 160, to help their score.
10 meters was only open to EU on the skew path on Sat. while I was on.
Mostly S&amp;P, except for a nice run of Asiatic Russians on Sat. night on
20M.
During the run, I had a very nice 30 min. rag chew with my friend of about 45
years, Willy, R8AA, aka UK9AAN. First met Willy while op'ing M/M from W3MSK..

Before going QRT late Sat. night, I had nice 3 hour run of US stations on 40
meters, which added a lot of new prefixes to the log.

What an amazing difference operating this contest today, versus back in the
early 1970's, when the available prefixes were few.  Today, one can work almost
as many different prefixes and you could work QSOs in the past !

Keeps the contest interesting..

Jack  N4RV