[3830] WPX SSB ED1R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ec1kr@ec1kr.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ED1R M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:22:35 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ED1R
Operator(s): DH1TW EA1AR EC1KR EA4AOC EC4DX
Station: ED1R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AVILA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   22
   80:  267
   40: 1208
   20: 1412
   15: 1357
   10:  252
------------

Club: Radio Club Henares

Comments:

This time we could not have the whole Team of operators who in other occasions
and finally we could not be together all the time available, so and with a
propagation forecasts that would not be better than last year, we decided go as
MS category which is also very funny and can move forward with guarantees with
less operators.

Taking advantage of this year the Contest has fallen into the Easter holidays
we decided to go to the station several days before the Contest and begin
assembling antennas step ahead and do the occasional improvement. Because the
days before we could assemble the most basic antennas with time because
although the weather was raining and unappetizing on Friday 29 before the
Contest, the weather changed completely, it began to rain steadily and strong
gusting wind above 50km/h which made us fear for multiple antennas... with a
couple of hours before the Contest, the storm stop and at least partly the wind
ceased (SWR on 40m heaved uncontrollably but finally stayed perfect), we are not
used to having everything mounted so long and so Friday afternoon was devoted to
nap (typical Spanish) and rest assured... the truth that this made us take much
strength to start the contest tirelessly as always... 5 minutes before we are
still in the field with the flashlight ;-)

The contest started as usual, elbowing in 40m, is complicated niche in the
top... there no room for so many people, it is becoming more difficult... when
no one bothers you, you are bothering to another ... is cruel and some moments
and feel like taking off.

Yet our 40m Running the first three hours were the best in the Contest, the
first thing we got the best Rate per hour with 169 QSO/h and the next two hours
with 140 qso/h that is why we decided not made QSY, up 0400 UTC has started down
a bit, at this time began to fall sharply again... conditions we struggled to
get good rates to 13.00 UTC on Saturday they again exceeded the 120 QSO/h but
it was hard to have rate, no many AS stations... suddenly 20m was fine and
suddenly bad few times ... 15m not like we had just opened and 10m usually
better to say nothing... 40m again the second night was very interesting with
very good rate of NA , this allowed us to &quot;save the furniture&quot;
because if not... it would have been more disastrous.

This Contest is difficult to compete with Central-European stations with their
good Run in upper ranges with EU and AS stations, allowing them to work many
multis that we are further west or smell... I guess that they would feel the
same with NA stations when opened completely high bands, but its advantage is
big in this Contest with the actually propagation.

All Contest station worked fine, Murphy no visit us this Contest, no problem
with RX antennas at this time (worked fine), too bad we have not gotten the
Target marked at 20 million (must be some other time), but we are happy to
continue among the first European stations struggling to improve and try to
lower each year passes these differences points to our rivals (still much
higher now)... we had a great time competition with few stations like ED3X,
9A33P, RL3A, EI7M and some more that we forget now, thanks to them for
motivating us and for this fun competition.

Worked 6 bands: D4C ES9C NQ4I OT5A
Worked 5 banda: DR1A EB8AH H27A HK1NA KS9K P33W PI4DX RU1A T48K WX3B

Rates

Period, min.    QSOs    QSOs per minute QSOs per hour   From    To
                                                              Time      QSO
#       Time    QSO #
10      38      3.8     228     30-Mar-2013 14:53       1577    30-Mar-2013
15:03       1614
20      72      3.6     216     30-Mar-2013 14:43       1543    30-Mar-2013
15:03       1614
30      102     3.4     204     30-Mar-2013 14:43       1543    30-Mar-2013
15:13       1644
60      180     3.0     180     30-Mar-2013 14:14       1467    30-Mar-2013
15:14       1646
120     320     2.7     160     30-Mar-2013 14:13       1466    30-Mar-2013
16:13       1785

CU at the next Contest.

73 de ED1R Contest Team
www.ed1r.com