[3830] WPX SSB DR1D(DL1NX) SO(A)SB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB DR1D(DL1NX) SO(A)SB80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 13:56:05 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: DR1D
Operator(s): DL1NX
Station: DL3KO

Class: SO(A)SB80 HP
QTH: Köln
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:
   80: 1426
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Hello everyone,
I don't know where to start but I can say that I will never do 80m SOSB again,
at least from Germany. I will try to do a summary of operation here.
I was invited by DL3KO to operate DR1D on 80m as SOSBHP since we didn't have
enough people to do a MS because of the holidays.
I said yes and let's do it...
First night was quite ok, 500 QSOs as I was expecting but with a low rate, only
the first hour was the best one.
Following the first day but second night something very weird happened, a group
of local HAMs started to complain because I was on &quot;their frequency&quot;
around 3.691. Since my german is not good to understand what they were saying,
I asked Robert to help me and he explained me what that was about. That was the
frequency they used to use to chat about day to day stuff. After some discussion
on the QRG I decided to move and avoid any problems and kept going but some of
them started to stalk me from 20:30 to 00:30 UTC, Yeah!!!! Believe me, 4 hours
putting some QRM with 9+20 signal, thanks God we had 8 circle to minimize his
QRM and I kept working on some stations, that was like Tom and Jerry, I tried
to change frequency and he came again, that is F**** UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Second day came (+3rd night) and after 3 hours during the afternoon on the same
frequency (between 1400 to 1700 UTC), now in 3780, a group of local HAMs started
to complain again and of course I didn't understand. After 40min of discussions
with Robert (DL3KO) explaining to them and they saying &quot;NO CONTEST
HERE!!!&quot; I decided to move to avoid more problems with locals and kept
going in the contest. 1 hour later my stalker from last night came back, and
from 1900 UTC until the end of contest he tried to keep me off the contest,
again 8 circle was very usable to copy all stations with his QRM over.

I can say that I won't make contest on 80m again, because it is too noisy, a
lot of local hams have &quot;their own frequency&quot; to chat and they don't
like big station &quot;doing QRM&quot; on their QRG.

I always say that contest is for fun, not to get stressed for, this kind of
feeling I leave to my work, but stupid people are all over the world. Besides
all problems, I had some fun doing the contest and improved my german trying to
understand local stations saying their call signs in german and foreign stations
doing the same as well. hi hi hi... :)

I would like to thank Robert (DL3KO) for the invite and the hospitality as
always super! Also to all stations that had patience to repeat numbers because
of my personal QRM (like Adams Family and his own gray cloud over the roof).

I hope to see you on the next one in May.

Best 73
Alex
PY1KS | PY2SEX | DL1NX