[3830] WPX SSB SE0X M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bjorn@sm0mdg.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB SE0X M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:03:49 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: SE0X
Operator(s): SM0MDG SM0MLZ
Station: SE0X

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Stockholm
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   86
   80:  304
   40:  767
   20:  835
   15:  485
   10:   10
------------

Club:

Comments:

With a two person team our plan was to take a shot at the SM record for multi-op
single TX this year. Two radios  were configured SO2R style to enable us to
listen in to other bands while running. Unfortunately a PSU went bad putting
out 20 volt to our K3 frying it. Our only option was to promote the TS-590 to
the main (and only) radio.

The contest started out slow. The first night was a disappointment and Saturday
wasn't much better. The only place we could find decent rate was on 20 meter
with EU, so a lot of time we went S&amp;P for DX points.

Sunday things got better as 15 meter came to life in the morning to AS, and
then later in the afternoon to NA. A few hours on fifteen in the afternoon with
lots of NA improved the situation considerably.

The end result is about 500 contacts below the goal (and the SM record), but
considering the fried K3 and how the atmosphere behaved, we are happy with the
result and eager to do better next time.

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-590 + 1kW
15m 5-el op-des mono
3-el SteppIR