[3830] WPX SSB EI7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB EI7M M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 01:18:03 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI3JE EI8IR EI3JZ M0WLF EI5GM M0MAT
Station: EI7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cork
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   73
   80:  273
   40: 1374
   20: 2338
   15: 1416
   10:  100
------------

Club:

Comments:

This contest clashed with Easter which made getting free time much more
difficult. Some ops were unable to make it, while others had a dual mandate
(family/contest) so we selected M/S this year.

We found conditions to be poor, especially on saturday where we spent our time
mostly on 20m. Sunday was better, and we got some good runs on 15m. We noticed
that we did not work a lot of the bigger US stations we normally do .. maybe
the holiday weekend was taking an effect ?

Thanks to Matt M0MAT and Wilf M0WLF who travelled to join us.

The competition in the M/S category is great fun. There is a very small margin
between the teams and it brings an X-factor to the weekend knowing that any
mistake could make a difference at the end.
We enjoyed competing with 9a33p, rl3a, ed1r and others - thanks guys

73's

John ei8ir